Here are our February happenings!
1. I caught this moment just last weekend. Will had just gotten his new Thomas the Train magazine in the mail, and he wanted to show his brother. I thought it was so sweet how they just sat together and looked at it for quite a while. If only moments like these would last forever. I will remember this moment when they are fighting and wrestling, right?
2. This month has been a ping-pong of illness at our house. It started with Will getting the stomach flu, next up was Bennett getting an ear infection in both ears on the night of the Super Bowl. Just after Bennett finished antibiotics, Will got an ear infection and strep throat! Chris and I have been fairly healthy with only a touch of a bug and colds. Let’s hope this weather shapes up and the bugs get right out of town.
3 & 4. These are the boys’ Valentine photos. When I saw that onesie for Bennett I just had to buy it. The tie says, “My first Valentine’s”. He was quite handsome! Daddy ended up having conferences rescheduled to Valentine’s night so it was date night with my little boys. We got a heart-shaped pizza and stopped at the library for movies.
Will started a new positive behavior chart this month where he earns coins which turn into stickers. We made the chart all about Transformers (I hope to write a post about it soon). He has also been working on improving his drawing and coloring skills. We were pleased to see that his people drawings have turned from heads with arms and legs to head, body, arms, hands, legs, feet, eyes, nose, mouth, ears and hair. I can’t believe we will be registering him for kindergarten soon!
5. We decided it was time to start working on the sippy cup with Bennett. He caught on to how to suck the liquid out of it pretty quickly, but wasn’t so sure about the water we put in there. He mostly likes to gnaw on it and throw it on the floor. He is such a good eater and gobbles down any food we offer him. We even have tried some table foods like pancakes and graham crackers. Daddy gave him a bit of ice cream at Culver’s one night and I’m sure the people there appreciated the constant screams Bennett gave to alert us to give him another bite!
6. One night our neighbors brought Will this giant box their new piano came in. Will and I spent most of President’s Day converting the box into a race car. It was a fun project of cutting, painting, and gluing.
7. February brings the beginning of Lenten Season at church. Even with my husband at work and my parent out of town, I took both boys to Ash Wednesday service. Even Benny got ashes on his forehead.
8. Here is a picture of the 3 boys I love the most! They are all bundled up and nestled in during the cold, cold, snowy days we’ve had this month. We started a new tradition at our house this month: Family Movie Night. We choose a movie at the library or off of Netflix, watch it downstairs altogether on the couch with popcorn. I think Will asks to have Family Movie Night almost every night.