1. Our biggest event in June was celebrating our son, Bennett’s, first birthday. We had a great Very Hungry Caterpillar party with friends and family! That year sure went fast, but has been wonderful to see the miracle of life and how children can grow from a tiny, helpless baby to toddling little ones with so many developments.
2. Bennett’s 12 months shot. This month he learned to crawl up the step at my parents’ house, started eating all sorts of foods, learned how to communicate with words — mainly “cra-kah” (cracker), cruises around the furniture, opens the cupboards, reaches hands up to be picked up.
3. Here’s a shot of his birthday outfit – Very Hungry Caterpillar onesie and green and white striped leggings. He was actually a little embarrassed of his leggings, but I thought they were TOO CUTE!
4. Will earned a trip to Chuck E. Cheeses. We had the best time as a family there. This picture is Will and Daddy on a motion ride. Will really loved this and made Daddy ride on the highest level. I love their faces in this picture.
5. Bennett got his first haircut by Grandma Pete. He actually did pretty well and didn’t cry at all. He is a wiggly one, so it was a challenge. He already needs another cut a month later.
6. Will tackled two big fears all in one night. First, he went down the tallest/longest slide at the McDonald’s playland when we went to supper. Second, he went in the inflatables at Kids’ Nite in the Park. It was hard to drag him and his sweaty head out of both places, but I was so proud of him!
7. We celebrated Father’s Day with smores and breakfast out. Will made Chris a paper tie with a poem and a coffee mug. Daddy got to enjoy some Father’s Day golf time on the driving range as well. That night Will was off to start a week of VBS at church.
8. Here is our little busy boy getting into the cupboards for some cra-kuhs!
9. I was excited to host a baby shower along with my Lunch Club friends for Emily and Annalise. We are so thrilled for Robert and Emily. Annalise is such a beautiful little girl and such a joy! I think Bennett has his eye on her 😉
10. At the end of the month my Book Club had our annual trip to the lake in Alexandria, Minnesota (big thanks to Jen and her family for having us). It was a fabulous long weekend of sun, shopping, beverages, food and giggles! We were sad that two girls couldn’t make it this year. The weather was perfect!