1. This is my family on the 4th of July! We spent the day together joining my parents for breakfast, trip to WalMart for an oil change in the car, pizza in the park for supper, playing in the park and watching fireworks. (Sorry for the black star in the middle of the picture – editing problem I didn’t catch before saving it)
2. Will participated in the “First Tee” golf program this year. He was too cute carrying his bag of club around the course. He seemed to enjoy it and learned a lot. Now he and Daddy can enjoy something together.
3. One day we invited some friends over for a water day. We got out our Slip ‘n Slide, water table, baby pool and squirt guns. It was great fun. I love this picture of Will in the water!
4. While Chris attended his last day of class in Brookings, we drove along and went to the South Dakota Children’s Museum. The boys absolutely loved it! The first picture is of Will climbing up into the “clouds”. I couldn’t believe he went all the way to the top. The second picture is of Bennett playing in the water room. He was amazed by this and was completely soaked when we left. It is truly a wonderful place that we are lucky to have so close to us.
5. Will attended his first year of camp. He attended the Little Vikes camp through the Y. It was a two-week camp held every morning. We drove him to the Y and then they bused those kids all over town. He had so much fun playing at parks, hiking at the Palisades, Skyzone, The Butterfly House, Washington Pavilion, swimming, and time at the camp site. They concluded the week with a program for the parents. He loved all the songs, legends and fun!
6. Bennett got to enjoy his first sucker while getting a haircut at Grandma’s house. We had to do something to distract him from the haircut. He loved it and was a wet, sticky mess in the end. He really learned a lot this month. He learned to sit down from standing, give kisses, and say “ot” for out or up. He is quite mobile and into everything!
7. Chris got to spend a weekend with his buddy, Adam, at the end of July. They hadn’t been together in almost 5 years so they had a wonderful time. They did all things “man” – golf, frisbee golf, beer, breakfast out, etc. They did invite me along to dinner out that Saturday night, which was fun. A fun weekend!
8. While the guys were out golfing I joined my friend, Erin and her kids, at Family Fest. We had a wonderful time taking the kids around to all the inflatables and activities for kids. The big hit was the Make Your Own Sno-cone Stand. It was so much fun! I think Will, Bennett and I spent nearly 5 hours there. Everyone was wiped out!