1. On September 13 it was Will’s 1/2 Birthday. We started this tradition last year of baking 1/2 of a cake and having a small celebration for the halfway point to the next birthday. That morning our special ceramic “cupcake” appeared. Will could hardly wait to get home from school to see the hidden treasure inside for his special day. We also had the grandparents over for pizza and cake that weekend.
2. A couple of weekends ago I joined 11 other gals for a scrapbooking weekend. We tried out a new retreat place this year near Fairmont, MN. What a great place it was! It really is a highlight of my year getting to spend a weekend scrapbooking with the girls. This is a picture of my table where I spent the whole weekend. I finished 20 pages in Bennett’s book, 10 Christmas gifts and a new fall pumpkin garland.
3. Our little Benny loves his BOOKS! He also loves to pull them all off his bookshelf . It is really getting fun to read to him now because he is starting to memorize his favorite books and copies the actions I’ve done or chimes in some. It is fun to listen to him “pretend” to read by babbling a whole string of sounds.
4. Will is playing organized soccer for the first time this year. His team is called the Spartans (the under 6 team). They have a practice and game every week. It has been so fun to watch them progress. The first two weeks Will scored goals for the other team! Of course his favorite part is the snack they get after the game 😉
5. Will continues to love school! He is really starting to adjust to the schedule and all the things that come with school. What a joy it has been for this mama to see her boy start to read! He gets so excited when he sees one of his “popcorn words” in a book. This picture shows many of the words he’s learned already!
6. Here’s a great moment I captured on our trip to the pumpkin patch. Bennett has really had a big month. He started walking on Sept. 6th and is all over the place now. I’m afraid next up is running and climbing! He has also started talking up a storm (Will, Papa, what’s that?, Marsa, chugga chugga, car). When he learned to say, “Marsa” (our daycare provider) he said it all the time. When he’d wake up in the morning we’d hear him yell from his crib “ARRRSAAAA?” I think he figured if he said Marsa some lady would come and give him what he wanted. Soon I’m sure it will be non-stop “Mama”!
7. Here is some of our group of Lunch Club kids. Years ago we started going to the pumpkin patch for our Fall Festival celebration (even before we had kids — or there was only one kid). Now we have a whole trail of kids to bring. We went in the cold and rain this last weekend, but it was still fun!
8. Here’s Will’s picture from the pumpkin patch (which looks a lot like his soccer picture – ha!). He was so excited to go to the pumpkin patch this year and now remembers all the details the Fall Festival includes. He was disappointed that we didn’t get to have our pumpkin painting party this year due to busy schedules. We love all the traditions fall brings!!!